2003 Jun 14 09:28

Re: [vox-tech] Perl CGgi scripts not executing -- RESOLVED

Re: [vox-tech] Perl CGgi scripts not executing -- RESOLVED

--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:57:32PM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Turns out it was the stupid HTML files that were pointing at the perl
> scripts that were at fault.
>=20
> In other words, my cold fusion enabled url looks like this:
>=20
> http://www.myplace.com/cfmx/home/
>=20
> but if you try calling http://www.myplace.com/cfmx/home/script.pl it won't
> work.  You have to leave out the cfmx.

Richard,

  There is still a server misconfiguration.  If someone can pull the
raw perl source code of any cgi's that run on your server something=20
is seriously broken because if people can actually read the source to=20
your CGI's regardless of language you have got to be *MUCH* more=20
careful about security in them.

  You should get apache configured so that /cfmx/home/ requests for=20
*.pl are also considered CGIs and are run correctly. =20

  Depending on the setup it might be as simple as adding ExecCGI to=20
the <Directory> directive... but there are a few ways to do this.

--=20

--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk

--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk--