2003 Jun 13 09:50

[vox-tech] readline questions (in bash)

1. I know ctr-a, ctr-e move me from front to back, how do I make my home and
end keys do that?

2. Isn't cut and paste (kill/yank) supposed to keep a list of commands, that
I can scroll through?  When I use it, it only saves the last command I
killed

3. If I up/down arrow I scroll thru my commands.  But when I try to use C-r
or C-s I don't see all the commands in my history.  Is there another way to
search thru and execute a command in the history (ideally it would
autocomplete and scroll (like vim does when you want to read in a file))

Thanks
Jay