2003 Jun 10 10:07

Re: [vox-tech] Tux Racer very slow.

Hi Mark,

> If it's NVIDIA, you'll need to download the accelerated driver from
> NVIDIA's website and install it:

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4363/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4
363.run

> You'll also need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
>
>    1. Change `Driver "nv"` to `Driver "nvidia"`.
>
>    2. Comment out the lines `Load "GLcore"` and `Load "dri"`.
>
>    3. In the same section as step 2, make sure you have
>       the line `Load "glx"`.  If not, add one.
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Mark

Your Information helped me a lot.  Thanks a TON.
I exactly followed your instruction, though i did read NVIDIA manual which
asked me
to close xwindows before running their driver, otherwise you step was
absolutely correct.
Just one thing i couldnt find the line - [ Load GLcore ].

Anyway now my Tux Racer game is pretty good :).  Just cant wait going home
tonight and
try all those nice games which works fast now :).

Have a great day.

Karthikeyan B