2003 Jun 09 16:08

Re: [vox-tech] vim and utf-8 support (newbie alert)

Re: [vox-tech] vim and utf-8 support (newbie alert)

I am not sure about emacs- from my experience japanese (encoded with EUC,
JIS,or Shift-JIS) can easily converted to unicode based on mapping tables
available from the Unicode website. the only limitations that will exist
here are shortcomings in the software, or the use of about 1000 kanji from
the JEF character set that are not part of the unicode character set.

for all practical purposes, at least with the software that i am using on
the MacOS, it is quite easy to go between the main 3 encodings
(EUC,JIS,Shift-JIS) and unicode.

-dylan

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."