2003 Jun 09 13:59

Re: [vox-tech] pc/104 board

MB wrote:
I looked at several different vendors (online), and this was the only one the had the same layout. I know that the PDF states that there are PS/2 and serial ports, but it does not give specs on pinouts. Any ideas?

I've been through this process when buying PC/104 boards on eBay --
sometimes it's pretty difficult to find the information!

Many of the PC/104 vendors actually sell the same boards -- try searching
for just "CM-486" (or other "special" parameters about the board) on Google
or elsewhere.  Hopefully you can find a place that will have the manuals
online in their "support" section.

Other than that, you should be able to narrow things down a bit:  the two
rows of sockets at the bottom of the picture are the PC/104 bus, and the top
headers at the top are (I'm almost certain) the IDE and floppy connectors.
The long connector on the right is probably the parallel port, which leaves
you with two 10-pin connectors -- one is probably the serial ports and the
other the keyboard/mouse...

I agree with Mike as well -- see if there's a console on one of the serial
ports (much easier if you have an oscilloscope), or else find a PC/104
video card...

Of course, you can always call or email the company and ask for the info :v)

				-Lynn