2003 Jun 09 23:34

Re: [vox-tech] Playing Mp3 files

Just install the xmms-mp3 patch designed for RedHat (xmms-mp3-1.2.7-21.p.fr1.i386.rpm). You can find it here

http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html

or here

http://shrike.freshrpms.net/ (under applications/multimedia).

Jonathan

karthikeyan.balasubramanian wrote:
Hi Guys,

    Recently I installed Redhat 9.0.  Ofcourse this time its player gave me
a decent message that it cant play mp3 music
from now on compared to dumb Redhat8.0.  I tried to install realplayer for
redhat 8.0 in redhat 9.0.  It sort of crashed i guess.
I uninstalled it and re-installed this time i couldnt even see the screen.

  Anybody can suggest me good mp3 player for redhat 9.0.  I would also like
to play movies.  I would like an all in one
package which i can download and use it.  Which can play mp3, mpeg, ra,
dat(for movie), quick time.

  Any ideas, suggestions, download locations :).

  Have a great day.

  Btw : it seems there is no backward compatibility for realplayers for
latest redhat linux OS.

Karthikeyan.  B