2003 Jun 08 22:47

[vox-tech] Mounting remote filesystems redux

[vox-tech] Mounting remote filesystems redux

I just realized that what I asked wasn't terribly clear.  Let's try that
again.

I have my account with a webhosting service, www.pair.com.  When I'm
working on my website, I like to use Bluefish as my editor, although
that does not have a built-in FTP client like my favorite Windows
editors.  So to test my PHP pages, I have to edit them locally with
Bluefish, and then SCP the files up to pair.com before I can test them.
It's a time-consuming process.

What I'd love to be able to do is to mount the files from my account on
pair.com to a mountpoint on my local machine; say,
/opt/home/richard/pair.  That way I could let my machine handle the
process of sending files back and forth to Pair in the background and I
wouldn't have to switch back and forth between Bluefish and SCP all the
time.

Naturally, I want the connection to be as secure as possible, which is
why I want to do it by SSH.

Is there a way to do this?

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford