2003 Jun 22 02:07

[vox-tech] broken mozilla

Hello all,

If I have Mozilla up and running and open a new window (ctrl+n), the new
window starts up as a blank window.  I think new windows should go to
the last page I visited, based on my preferences.

Even if I choose, Help->About Mozilla a blank new window pops up.  This
new window should tell me info about the build number, etc.  But I get
nothing.... nada.

Also when I open a new window, the new window always lacks the 'back'
button.  Even if I use this new window to visit several different URLs,
still no back button.  I can't even use alt+leftArrow to go back.  The
'back' button only seems to work in the first window that Mozilla opens
-- the default one that opens when I startup Mozilla.

Here is the version info:

root@cmlaptop:/home/cmclaugh# mozilla -v
Mozilla 1.3.1, Copyright (c) 2003 mozilla.org, build 2003052713

I'm running debian unstable. I suppose this is the latest version in
debian unstable.

I've tried to do

apt-get remove  mozilla
then
apt-get install mozilla

and I still have the same problem.

I think I might have even did an apt-get clean to make sure I
re-download the code.

This happens if I'm logged into Gnome as me or root.  And this happens
if I use Gnome or KDE.

I don't think this is a bug -- I probably just broke Mozilla somehow.
I've googled, but there is so much about Mozilla on the web it is hard
to come up with anything.

btw Galeon doesn't have these problems.  Galeon is my primary browser
anyway, but I'd still like to fix Mozilla.

Any ideas???

Thanks!
Charles