2003 May 30 14:04

[vox-tech] RE: FTP folder access question

Sorry I sent my last email with the wrong subject line.

I found the problem.  Pure FTPD puts all users into a chroot group and
cages them into their home folder.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Ehrhart, Jay
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 12:26 PM
To: 'vox-tech@lists.lugod.org'
Subject: FTP folder access question

This is a newbie question.

I have loaded a server with Red Hat 8.0.  I installed Pure-FTPD.  Using
WSFTP client I login and am in my home folder.  The user I am using is
in the adm and root groups.
I cannot navigate out of the home folder.  I specify which folder I want
to login into in WSFTP and it still drops me in my home folder. I
created a test folder under the root directory and gave myself all
permissions and set WSFTP to put me there and I end up in my home
folder.  I can't type in the path in WSFTP and get any where.  WSFTP
says the folder does not exist.  I tried var and etc and it says folders
do not exist.
How do I set this up so I can move up from my home folder and get to
other folders?  What am I doing wrong?

Jay