2003 May 29 16:13

Re: [vox-tech] Linux graphing software?

On Thu 29 May 03,  4:02 PM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@netscape.net> said:
> It won't be long before someone recommends gnuplot.  I haven't used it
> much due to my reliance on Matlab (which runs nicely in Linux, but
> certainly isn't "free").  Another option is Octave, an open source
> program very much like Matlab, which happens uses gnuplot for plotting.

there's also scilab which is supposed to be very nearly like matlab and
free.

i use gnuplot, of course, but the whole question of data presentation
relies on the type of data you want to show, which you haven't
indicated.

if you've liked excel in the past, may i suggest gnumeric?  i think i've
used excel once or twice in my life, but i've been told that gnumeric is
very faithful to excel.  it sure looks the same.  in fact, on the
gnumeric list, i once reported a bug related to the graphing system and
was told by a developers that this was to make gnumeric compatible with
an existing bug in excel...

pete