2003 May 26 20:54

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless card seems to "freeze" my wireless network

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:03, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> It should have a failsafe ROM on it that will allow you to repair it even
> after a bad flash. unplug it, hold down the power button, and plug it back
> in, wait 10 seconds are release the power button.

You mean the reset button?  As I said, I did try that, but it didn't
work.  Who knows?

> You should then be able to visit http://192.168.1.251 over ethernet and
> reflash it. If not, you can call linksys, they will give you an RMA even if
> you botched a flash.

Yeah, I found out about the RMA *after* I bought the new WAP.  I may
just send in the old one anyway and let them replace it, and then take
the new one in to CompUSA for a refund (if the replacement comes within
15 days).  There's a thought...

Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford