2003 May 16 12:43

Re: [vox-tech] Re: compiling mplayer with GUI support

Re: [vox-tech] Re: compiling mplayer with GUI support

> Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:09:17 -0700
> From: Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu>
> To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Re: compiling mplayer with GUI support
>

> On 2003.05.14 19:44, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 17:47, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to compile mplayer with GUI support, so I tried
> > > ./configure --enable-gui
> > >
> > > But I this error:
> > >
> > > Error: X11 support required for GUI compilation
> > >

> > > Am I missing some X11 libs?  Can they be installed using apt-get?
> > >

> > > Thanks!
> > > Charles
> >
> > Nevermind...  I found that I needed xlibs-dev.  Now its compiling! ;-)
> >

> mplayer should have a debian/ directory inside its original sources, so
> you can just use `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot` to create a .deb of
> mplayer, and as a bonus it will check build dependancies.

Thanks for the tip.  After compiling mplayer, I realized there is an
apt-get source for mplayer and other multimedia goodies:

deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

btw  I was able to watch the Matrix trailer using mplayer last night.  I
was really excited until I watched the 11 o'clock news and saw that
people were watching the full movie in the theaters last night.

Charles