2003 May 15 13:38

Re: [vox-tech] Re: compiling mplayer with GUI support

On 2003.05.14 19:44, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 17:47, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to compile mplayer with GUI support, so I tried
> ./configure --enable-gui
>
> But I this error:
>
> Error: X11 support required for GUI compilation
>

> Am I missing some X11 libs?  Can they be installed using apt-get?
>

> Thanks!
> Charles

Nevermind...  I found that I needed xlibs-dev.  Now its compiling! ;-)

mplayer should have a debian/ directory inside its original sources, so you can just use `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot` to create a .deb of mplayer, and as a bonus it will check build dependancies.

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C 941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu