2003 May 14 13:25

Re: [vox-tech] hdparm for scsi emulated CDROM drives?

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 11:00 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Wed 14 May 03, 10:37 AM, Ricardo Anguiano <anguiano@codesourcery.com>
opined:
> > Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> writes:
> > > On Wed 14 May 03,  9:44 AM, Robert G. Scofield <rscofield@afes.com>
opined:

> > > not releasing beta copies of gcc that don't compile the kernel.
> >
> > Yeah, that's a not good.  Thankfully gcc is not hard to install from
> > source.
>
> heh.  no thanks.   :)

On every linux distro I have cept this last mandrake, first thing I have done
is grabbed the latest gcc, and recompiled it from the source.

> > > apt and apt related tools
> >
> > Apt for redhat:
> > http://apt.freshrpms.net/
>
> does it come with apt by default?
>
> in addition, debian allows you to run a *very* stable operating system,
> an up to date system, or a truly bleeding edge system, depending on what
> you want to set up.  you can even mix and match all three, so you can,
> for instance, run a very rock solid system but have truly bleeding edge
> copies of the mesa and sdl libraries, for instance.

Problem with debian is its the debian way or a broken system.  Which is not
the way I want to go.

mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org