2003 May 14 06:19

Re: [vox-tech] SSH time delay

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:23:14PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> That's good and bad, good that it happens to everyone else, bad that it
> happens to everyone else

It depends on CPU speed, and ssh implementation.  linux-x86 has a highly
optimized encryption library.  Last I checked sparc did not.

As an example 0.4 seconds for 2 machines I happen to be logged into:
-bash-2.05b$ time ssh n2 uptime
  2:08am  up 53 days, 23:16,  0 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00

real    0m0.404s

--
Bill Broadley
Mathematics