2003 May 14 09:59

Re: [vox-tech] Calculating partition sizes

Re: [vox-tech] Calculating partition sizes

--kncZREqT6Wt3NQEl

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:32:22PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:49:29PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > I'm trying to calculate the exact size of each partition (so I can dd i=
t).
>=20
> I could be wrong, but can't you just dd 'em without specifying the
> size? won't e.g. /dev/hda2 EOF when it reaches the end of the 3rd
> partition?

Micah,

  Yes, you can just dd the partition... and it will stop with EOF.
However, it will stop at the last block of hda2 not at the end of hda3.

  I imagine Mark is trying to make sure he has enough space someplace.

--=20

--kncZREqT6Wt3NQEl

--kncZREqT6Wt3NQEl--