2003 May 21 19:16

[vox-tech] fwd: Debian install on 486

Forward to vox-tech.

--
Henry House
--- Begin Message ---
Henry:
months ago but it didn't work so I forgot about it. Now, I sent the
following message to the tech support list and it said it would get
posted pending approval as I am not a member (of the list I guess,
because the address I sent it from is the same that is listed for me on
the members page). If you could help me with my problem and maybe help me
get the issues with the list worked out I would appreciate it. Here is
what I sent:

"List:
I tried to install Debian last night on my 486. Since it has no bootable
CD drive I used the rescue floppy image and the root floppy image to get
into the installation program. I got through the part about creating and
initializing the root and swap partitions. When I chose "Install Kernel
and System Modules" or something like that it said my CD had installable
packages so I could do that or do it manually. I chose the first option
and then it said it was getting a "Root Floppy Image" from disk or
something. After a little bit it said "Floppy Error" and the attempt to
extract Root Floppy Image from mounted medium failed, or something like
that. I tried the whole thing again but with the last part about choosing
packages done manually and it does the same thing. The result is that I
can't install the kernel. Please help. Thanks.
Nick"

Thanks very much.
Nick

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html