2003 May 06 12:03

[vox-tech] VNC behind a router

I set up a VNC server on a friend's windoze box so I can help him with problems from afar.

Said box is behind a Linksys router that NATs out 192.168.X.X addresses. This router has an admin interface that allows one to set up port forwarding, so you could map say, port 6612 on the modem's IP to 192.168.1.105 The problem I think I'm having is that this interface doesn't let me append the port to the IP behind the router

Ideally I'd like to map something like this

[modem's IP]:6612 --> 192.168.1.105:5900

Is this possible? Anyone have experience with this? Can you recommend a HOW-TO??

thanks much
--
David