2003 May 05 12:40

Re: [vox-tech] apt-get question - other branches

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:15:05PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'm using testing.  this sounds like i can do:
>
>    apt-get install sox=12.17.4-4
>
> or:
>
>    apt-get install sox/unstable

apt-get -t unstable install sox

  You would need unstable in your sources list and a pin for testing to
be the default release.  If you don't have -t the dependencies of sox
will all stay with testing, which will often prevent it from installing.

  I don't have time to do a write up right now.