2003 May 06 14:30

[vox-tech] apt-get question - other branches

[vox-tech] apt-get question - other branches

the man page for apt-get says:

   A specific version of a package can be selected for installation by
   following  the package  name  with  an  equals and the version of the
   package to select.  This will cause that version to be located and
   selected for install.  Alternatively a specific distribution can be
   selected  by following the package name with a slash and the version of
   the distribution or the Archive name (stable, frozen, unstable).

i'm using testing.  this sounds like i can do:

   apt-get install sox=12.17.4-4

or:

   apt-get install sox/unstable

to pull my version of sox up to unstable's 12.17.4-4.   however, neither
of these work, so i'm not using this correctly.  does anyone know the
syntax for doing this?

thanks,
pete

note, as of right now: