2003 May 05 02:54

Re: [vox-tech] LILO Segmentation Fault

Shorter Rankin wrote:
> Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> Again thanks for the help and
> this info. My next project will
> be to recompile the kernel.
> Since Zboot works (see
> that LILO is on the superblock
> of the hard drive. After I
> recompile I want to add
> a stanza to lilo.conf just in
> case. are there any gotchas
> I should watch for?

Use the verbose mode: lilo -v 4     is good, try -v 2 if that's too much.
Also check out: lilo -q -v          is also very handy - it's a query to see
                                    what you actually have set up.

(LILO actually comprises 3 programs. The program that prints
"LI" at startup is the boot loader. The "LO" is printed by
the '2nd stage' loader, and there's another piece called the
'chain' loader.)