2003 May 04 15:42

[vox-tech] crashes -- kernel problems?

Hi,

I'm running debian unstable on my laptop.  I've recompiled my kernel
(2.4.20) several times in order to get some of hardware to work.

The system has completely froze several times.  When this happens, I
can't move the mouse, type, etc.  It seems to happen when I'm doing
network related stuff, like using Mozilla or gftp.

How should I start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Charles