2003 May 04 13:48

[vox-tech] debian force removal

the following package doesn't seem to want to be removed:

   satan# apt-get remove xfonts-abi
   Reading Package Lists... Done
   Building Dependency Tree... Done
   The following packages will be REMOVED:
     xfonts-abi
   0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
   Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 504kB will be freed.
   Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
   (Reading database ... 83243 files and directories currently installed.)
   Removing xfonts-abi ...
   W: type1: Category not found.
   W: type1: Category not found.
   W: type1: Category not found.
   W: type1: Category not found.
   dpkg: error processing xfonts-abi (--remove):
    subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    xfonts-abi

looks like it might be a buggy script in the package.

would this be a good a good candidate for "apt-get remove --force-yes"?

or is there a more graceful way of handling this kind of thing?

pete