2003 May 04 12:28

Re: [vox-tech] booting off cd help

e.g.

(Intel 845G chipset)

http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_830725U

IBM list price (new): $899
ITXchange price (new): $641

(or go to  http://www.pc.ibm.com/support and type the seven
character part# {minus the hyphen} into "quick path")

As Linux person you are presumably "wasting" some money
buying an IBM desktop since Win2K-Pro is included, but IBM
give's you rights to a Win2K recovery CD (factory image)
that you might find useful for something.

note that IBM has developed a bad habit of shipping sucky
(feature deficient) standard keyboards and mice (IMO)
recently.

regards,
ep