2003 May 05 11:38

Re: [vox-tech] Running a suid root perl script

Re: [vox-tech] Running a suid root perl script

--On Saturday, May 03, 2003 07:34:01 AM -0700 Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> wrote:

I created suid.pl as

	#!/usr/bin/sperl5.8.0 -T
	print $ENV{"USER"}."\n";
USER is just a string in the process's environment. It isn't automatically updated when you run a setuid program. Try having the perl script print its real and effective UIDs, or create a file and see what ID owns it.

--
Ken Herron