2003 May 02 14:56

[vox-tech] 2.5.68 kernel

i'm compiling 2.5.68 today.   lots and lots of changes, some of them
pretty surprising.

has anybody compiled a 2.5 kernel yet?  i'd like to compare some notes
via email.

pete

ps- highly recommend reading the 2.5 article in the most recent LJ
issue.  this is a "feel good" article.  if you want to really get that
warm and fuzzy feeling about your kernel, this article is guaranteed to
do it.  talks about all the work that's been going into the kernel.
looks like *huge* gains for those of us who:

have SMP "work horse" machines
play games
like to listen/watch multimedia while we do serious work.