2003 Apr 30 19:43

[vox-tech] RAID hardware recommendations, software support info

[vox-tech] RAID hardware recommendations, software support info

Howdy!

Does anybody here have RAID under Linux?  Can I ask some questions?:

   - What hardware do you use? (controller, drive model/type/size)
   - Do you use software RAID or harware RAID?
   - What software do you use to manage the RAID system?
   - How do you know when a drive is damaged?
   - How do you swap a drive when it gets damaged?
   - Has a drive failed on you before?  If so, how did it go with the
     drive swapping?

Thanks!

--
Mark K. Kim