2003 Apr 29 18:25

[vox-tech] glibc bug?

this program runs fine when FULL is #defined and segfaults when it's not
#defined.

i've seen this behavior on sarge (glibc 2.3.1), but it doesn't appear to
happen on RH (glibc 2.2.5).   btw, how does one find out which version
of RH is running?

before i write a bug report, i'd like to get confirmation that other
people see the problem.  if the problem isn't just with my system, it
would be useful to give a range of glibc versions in my bug report.

thanks,
pete

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <malloc.h>
// #define FULL

int main(void)
{

#ifdef FULL
   char *p = (char *) malloc(20*sizeof(char));
#endif

   malloc_stats();

#ifdef FULL
      free(p);