2003 Apr 24 13:49

Re: [vox-tech] Need your help in recovering database.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:28:48AM -0700, Tim Riley wrote:
> Soumyadeep:
>
> I'm affraid the InnoDB addition to Mysql
> is over my head. After viewing the InnoDB.com
> site referenced below, it's clear that this addition
> provides the commit/rollback transaction processing
> features that I believe helps make Oracle bloated.

Are you actually saying you believe commit/rollback is a *bad* thing?
If so, you are definitely the first person I've ever heard say that...

I'm not criticizing your opinion; I'm just trying to understand. I
agree with you that feature creep causes major bloat, which in turn
causes huge opportunities for bloat. But when you have such an
important feature for guaranteeing data reliability, I would
definitely consider it worth the slight risk the added code
introduces.

One reason I avoided using mysql for so long was specifically because
it lacked commit/rollback functionality.

-Micah