2003 Apr 18 11:47

RE: [vox-tech] a better scanf?? (C-programming question)

RE: [vox-tech] a better scanf?? (C-programming question)

>   It sounds like you are trying to read input from a user...

yup....

> - Are you interested in keypress by keypress input?
>   or will all inputs be a line followed by a return key press?

At a minimum I am trying to do the latter.....but the former would be more
desirable..

>   Non-blocking with select/poll/busy-looping, reading into a
> buffer, followed by sscanf when a return key is found will certainly
> handle the second case... examples if that's what you want.

   Otherwise you will have to go with some curses or raw mode input
> to get character by character input from a user, and opens a whole
> can of worms...

PLease excuse my inexperience....curses or raw mode input?? Any places to
look for information on doing this?

Thanks for your help...it is already helped very much (in giving me places
to look and explore if nothing else!)

Gotta love when a mechanical engineering tries to pretend he knows how to
program.

Thanks!