2003 Apr 17 11:43

Re: [vox-tech] introduction & debian / mutt / exim question

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 12:29:23AM -0700, Jonathan McPherson wrote:
> > the following grep may work as well:
> >
> >   zgrep address /var/log/messages* | grep local
>
> Nothing for that, either. My machines are all behind a DSL router that
> assigns them link local IP's, so that may be why. (Networking was never
> my strong point...)

  Ah yes, the "DSL router" you are using is actually managing the PPPoE
connection for you... you aren't running PPPoE stuff on your machine
so you won't see any logs.

> The fix above _did_ help! I added this line to my /etc/email-addresses:
>
> jam: jamcp@imap.cc

  Good.

  Just to be sure, you should send some messages that you *know* will
bounce, and verify that the bounce message arrives in the imap.cc
account.  If the bounced mail doesn't appear something is still wrong
and we should look at your email headers some more...

> mine: http://www.tricity.wsu.edu/~jmcphers/jam_pubkey.asc

  You can bring printed copies of your Fingerprint to a lugod meeting
(on Monday), to exchange copies with other people... so people can
verify and/or sign your key.

    Later,
      Mike