2003 Apr 04 22:46

Re: [vox-tech] Building Apache Mod_Perl Mod_SSL

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 01:08:47PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I use oracle so I just get DBI and DBD-Oracle via CPAN,

  As far as I know there is no libdbd-oracle-perl package for debian...
I found one or two via google, but they are not in any sort of official
archive.  At least for this compiling the modules is recommended since
it will link against whatever version of oracle you have installed.

  When I need DBD::Oracle I just build it too...

> From: "Mike Simons" <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com>
> > Two cpan calls are straight forward:
> >   HTTP::Date        libwww-perl
> >   Time::HiRes       libtime-hires-perl
> >
> > I'm not sure exactly what makes up the bundle statements, but I'm
> > certain that the contents are available as debian packages...
> >
> >   Bundle::libnet      libnet-perl?
> >   Bundle::DBI         libdbd-mysql-perl?
> >   Bundle::Apache      some things from `apt-cache search libapache perl`
>
> I'm not really sure
> how the apt packages equate to the cpan packages (though some are obvious).
> Bundles are just that a bunch of CPAN packages that relate/dependant upon
> one other.

  Well in the case that you know the module name... you can find the
debian package name via the following:
===
auto-apt search MODULE/Name
===

result:
--
msimons@salomon:~$ auto-apt search HTTP/Date
usr/share/perl5/HTTP/Date.pm	interpreters/libwww-perl

  you would have to change the '::' to '/'...

  For the bundles you would first need to change the bundle into a batch
of modules... then search on each of them.  In reality just install the
packages you know you want, anything they depend on will be pulled
down too.

  To help you with the Debian naming convention is things that end in
'-perl' are perl modules... things that begin with 'libapache-' are
apache modules.

    TTFN,
      Mike Simons