2003 Apr 03 19:28

[vox-tech] Unix Utilities>OS X= Mystery

Hi, good folks
    i've a terrible itch to get into the GIMP (image
manipulation prog.) I have the computer to handle 40mb files
with dispatch, and i have this CD from Clyogistics. "..all
ya gotta do is click a button, ya da da......). Of course
the author of that little piece has gotta be Pollyana,
herself.
    So i pop in the CD, d click on the icon and it says just
click on the desired pkg. Sure. I clicked on gimp, and i get
four files in a subfolder...like: Perl< darwin< auto,
foundation.pm, PerlObjCBridge.pm. Nothing resembling image
editing is possible. The MAC gripes that there ain't no Opr
Sys.
    Here is a list of the stuff included in the CD. Perhaps
someone like Henry House could hazard a guess as to what
other hoops i gotta jump thru to get this business uo and
running.

audio/ comms/databases/ devel/ editors/ emulators/ games/
graphics/ irc/ lang/ mail/ math/ net/ news/ print/ sci/
security/ sysutils/ textproc/ www/ x11.

Yessss, i tried bsdmall.com and get no response. Sure would
apreciate i little help. The folks at MACnexus advised me to
buy PhotoShop 7 (with a rolling eye icon, yet). but i'm
already halfway into the poor house.
    Would it help to say "pleeze"?       George Tranter