2003 Apr 01 11:19

Re: [vox-tech] Mod_perl

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 08:26:20AM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> meir:~# apt-cache search mod_perl
> apache-ssl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with SSL support
> apache - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
> apache-perl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with added Perl support
> libapache-mod-perl - Integration of perl with the Apache web server

  If you do a you will see all the loadable modules for apache...

apt-cache search libapache-mod

...there are about 58 from what I see.

> I'm pretty new to compiling apache with mod_perl, but as I understand
> mod_perl needs to be statically linked into the apache but other mods can be
> dynamically linked.

  That's not my understanding... I think that all modules can both be
be loaded in at run time or staticly linked in as the user prefers.
A "module" often means something that can be loaded and unloaded on
demand...

> I'd prefer to use apt and have a standard install.
> Could I use these prepacked things in some way to get a
> apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl (and maybe) mod_dav?

yes:

apt-get install apache libapache-mod-perl libapache-mod-ssl libapache-mod-dav

    Good Luck,
      Mike Simons

ps:
  I hope the source compiled apache was installed in /usr/local,
so that wiping it out much easier.