2003 Mar 28 09:13

[vox-tech] Print server

Hi,

Sorry to flounder here but I'm a little lost.  I've been reading around
http://www.linuxprinting.org

I want to attach a printer to a debian box, that is already running samba
and providing (menial) file server services.  Now I want to add the printer,
and provide print server services to my windows clients.

I have an older HP 1100 LaserJet.  I figure I must download and install some
driver for this printer (linuxprinting.org suggests the ljet4, but don't
have a link to download it).

Do I then need to install some spooling software?

Then do I somehow have to tell samba that the printer should be shared?

Thanks
Jay