2003 Mar 26 11:43

Re: [vox-tech] vi key bindings, readline and bash

Re: [vox-tech] vi key bindings, readline and bash

begin Charles Polisher <cpolish@attbi.com>
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > chuck,
> >
> > is your libreadline 4.2 or 4.3?    every 4.2 system i've tried, it
> > works.
> >
> > it doesn't seem to work on 4.3.
>
> I locate'd this file: /lib/libreadline.so.4.2
> so I guess it's 4.2...
>
> Could it be something to do with $TERM ? Mine's
> set to "xterm", but iirc sometimes people use
> "linux" or some such. ?

i used to set mine to linux, but switched over to xterm awhile ago.

hrmmm... i think perhpas it's time to post a question to bug-readline.

thanks, chuck.  i appreciate you putting up with my questions.  :)

pete