2003 Mar 24 18:24

[vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

[vox-tech] Re: Logitech mouseman and XF86Config-4

Dear Mike,

Back in Davis, for a few days anyway.

>   Shutdown the machine, connect the "Remotepoint" mouse you say is your
> normal mouse plugged in, turn it on.  Switch to the a text console,
> log in as root.
>
> In /etc/gpm.conf put the following:
> ====
> device=/dev/psaux
> responsiveness=
> repeat_type=raw
> type=imps2
> append=""
> ====
>
> Run the following command:
> ===
> /etc/init.d/gpm restart
> ===
>
>   Now wiggle the mouse around and verify that you can use it on the
> console.  You should be able to highlight things with the left button
> and paste them with the middle button.

My usual mouse (the RemotePoint mouse) is a two-button mouse, so
perhaps the above config. needs adjusting.  However, it wasn't just
pasting that was a problem but basic mouse movement.  On the plus
side, the Logitech mouse now pastes with the middle button.  (I also
changed XF86Config-4 as below.)

> In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 make sure you have the following two settings:
> ===
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"