2003 Mar 24 23:25

[vox-tech] vi key bindings, readline and bash

[vox-tech] vi key bindings, readline and bash

if someone wants to do me a favor...

1. download "bash_bindings.txt" from

   vh224401.truman.edu/~dbindner/mirror

2. source it (source bash_bindings.txt)

3. hit the up arrow key

4. make sure your last history item is pulled up

5. make sure the cursor is at the END of the history line.

it's a set of key bindings that make readline's vi-style input more
friendly.  for instance, history is just "up arrow" rather than "escape
up arrow".

it works for me, except step 5.  the cursor is placed at the BEGINNING
of the line for me, despite the fact that:

   bind -m vi-command '"[A": "kA"'

that "A" should be placing the cursor at the END of the line and putting
me in insert mode.

does it work for anybody?

pete