2003 Mar 23 01:15

Re: [vox-tech] Squirrel Mail Authentication Problems

Ryan said:
> 	"ERRORUnknown user or password incorrect."
>
> I am using version 1.2.10 along with courier-0.42.0 and php4.3. I have
> started the imapd and authdaemond but I still can't login. I have no
> idea how to even start trying to figure what is wrong.

First, php 4.3 had some security holes and bugs, and upgrades from 4.3 to
4.3.1 was suggested.

Next, there has been discussion on the SM lists that SM is not fully
compatable with the 4.3.x series of PHP, and use of the latest 4.2.x was
better for stability.

Next, SM 1.2.11 was released t fix security issues in 1.2.10, so you may
want to upgrade that too.

(more)

> 	Before messing with imap and squirrel mail I have been using exim and
> qpopper.

qpopper also has had posted security issues.

(See http://www.securityfocus.com/ and the BUGTRAQ link to search archives.)

> These are currently running and have not been restarted or
> touched. The only thing I have tried is compiling and make install-ing
> imap, and then doing an 'imapd start' and 'authdaemond start'.

Have you ever run SM before? If Not, you will also need to run the SM
config program.

cd to the web publishes SM dir, and from there, cd into its "config" dir.