2003 Mar 21 16:17

[vox-tech] OT - Finding slope of a line, with lots of points

[vox-tech] OT - Finding slope of a line, with lots of points

Sorry, I already googled, but can't find what I'm looking for.

I remember back in science class (must have been Chem), we'd do experiments
and plot a bunch of points on graph paper.  Then we'd fudge a line that went
thru the points (trying to get equal numbers of points on one side of the
line as the other), and that was our "expected" slope.

Is there some formula or algorithm for doing this with a computer? (I'll do
it in Perl)  Or where, under what topic would I go a googling?

Thank
Jay