2003 Mar 21 10:19

Re: [vox-tech] Compile C to Java bytecode?

Re: [vox-tech] Compile C to Java bytecode?

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:03:51PM -0800, Henry House wrote:
<snip>

> Why? Isn't C portable enough?

C is fine.  I'm assuming the J2ME crap they're throwing on all of these
various devices come with some kind of standard graphics library, though,
which means it makes sense to target that, than to have dozens of
versions of a program... one for Qt, one for X11, one for SDL, etc.

> I know next to nothing about Java (never saw the point of it), but I do
> remeber seeing something about running C-written program in the Java
> interpreter here: <http://grunge.cs.tu-berlin.de/~tolk/vmlanguages.html>.

Thanks for the link.  I'll dig around.