2003 Mar 20 23:44

Re: [vox-tech] simple stupid lockfile example?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:58:01AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> ok, i hate it when i run tin, and then forget i have it in the background
> somewhere and run it again.
>
> i want to replace 'tin' with a shell script or alias that will
> test for a lock file (and call me a moron if it exists), make a lock file,
> run tin, and then delete the lock file...

It's not exactly what you asked for, but how about aliasing tin as
something like:

    alias tin="screen -D -R -S tinsess tin"

This will always run tin inside a screen session called 'tinsess.'  Then
if you try to start tin up in a different terminal, it will just
re-attach to the tin session you already have running without raising an
error.

Matt