2003 Mar 18 18:28

[vox-tech] Re: unfound ethernet card

- What things were done to your machine?
 (kernel compile?, pcmcia utils update? etc)
    it was a debian testing update as of 3pm sunday

- Is this a PCMCIA card?
    no
 or - Is the ethernet built into the machine?
    yes
- If it's PCMCIA, when you eject and insert the card do you hear >beeps?
    i have yet to get pcmcia or sound even working

Try running:
===
modprobe eepro100
    At run it returns
      modprobe: Can't locate module eepro100

ifconfig eth0
At run it returns
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

i appreciate all the help. i am newbie so if there are any commands you would assume that i know, i would advise against it.
thanks!
bryce