2003 Mar 20 21:50

Re: [vox-tech] simple stupid lockfile example?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:58:01AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> i want to replace 'tin' with a shell script or alias that will
> test for a lock file (and call me a moron if it exists), make a lock file,
> run tin, and then delete the lock file...

=====
#! /bin/bash

LOCK=$HOME/.tin.lock

lockfile $LOCK
tin
rm -f $LOCK
=====

"lockfile" is part of the procmail package.

  if you ^C the script, you will have to clean up and delete the lockfile
on your own.  there are a few ways for the script to automatically
detect tin was killed, but you didn't ask for that.  ;)