2003 Mar 17 15:21

[vox-tech] Recovering data

Hey,

I have a problem where I seem to have lost around 10GB of data from a backup of a PC I have.  The file was not rm'd.  I suspect that the program that wrote it trashed it(I admit Im not totally sure.)  What happened was I ran a backup under XP to a netdrive that resides on my linux system.  I verfied the data was there and was usable(by doing a small restore.)  However, after I rebuilt the machine, that same backup file went from about 10GB down to 20KB.  Since I have not written that kinda data to the disk, I suspect that my data is still there, however using debugfs(the trick to getting info back I know) did not work.  Does anyone know of any other way to get at that information?

Thanks in advance,

Mike