2003 Mar 17 13:50

Re: [vox-tech] re: gnome toolbars

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 04:05:52AM -0500, Mike Simons wrote:
>   I'm away from a graphical setup right now, I'll try to follow this
> email up with more detail tomorrow when I get setup at the installfest.

>   The program that manages the top and bottom control panel is called
> 'gpanel', if you can start up a xterm you should be able to run gpanel
> and they will appear.

- actually the program is called 'panel', try running that.
- the key strokes needed to run a program without a terminal are
  Alt-F2, click on 'advanced' setting, type 'panel'.
- you can run other programs via Alt-F1 or right clicking on the
  background, to bring up a popup menu of programs installed.

the meta key could be redefined on your setup so if Alt doesn't work
about try using just Ctrl instead... or using just the window's key.

> and 'ls -ltra' that will show you all files and sorted by youngest last,
> look for a file like '.xsession-errors' or '.gnome-session' or such that
> was changed recently (should be towards the bottom of the list), if you
> see any look in them to see if any useful error messages about the panel

- the error files are likely called:
  .gnome-errors, .xsession-errors

Check those to see if they have errors about panel...

  Let us know what you find.