2003 Mar 13 14:42

[vox-tech] HOWTO: remove trailing spaces when pasting from screen

[vox-tech] HOWTO: remove trailing spaces when pasting from screen

  This might not apply to all of you... but I've noticed recently that
when I select lines from a screen session of things (like mutt, or
irssi, or vi) and paste them somewhere else they appear as one big line,
with a bunch of space characters at the "end" of the window.

~/.screenrc
===
defbce on
term screen-bce
===

  While this information is not in the least hard to find[1], I lived
with the situation and was about to write a perl script that I could
filter the paste output through to put the newlines in when I realized
this was ridiculous and decided to figure out why this was...
fortunately this is a documented FAQ.

    TTFN,
      Mike Simons

see the following for more info: