2003 Mar 13 14:25

Re: [vox-tech] replaced video card - get blank screen

Re: [vox-tech] replaced video card - get blank screen

Suse uses larger framebuffer consoles, and graphics when it boots into text,
so probably the new card is not as supported in these modes as the old one
does, and when it tries to use them all you get is a blank screen.

One idea is to use the suse install disk and boot to rescue, edit the
lilo.conf file to remove the vga=??? line an the enablepic line (i think
those are the right names) and rerun lilo.
You might also be able to pass those paramaters to lilo at boot, at the lilo
prompt type "linux disablepic vga=ask".
Suse disables telnetd by default but usually installes sshd.  You can
therefore probably ssh into the machine, and run stuff that way.

Kevin