2003 Mar 24 15:27

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Logitech MouseMan and XF86Config-4

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Logitech MouseMan and XF86Config-4

I use a Logitech Trackman Wheel (so stop reading if this doesn't apply
to you).

Here is my /etc/gpm.conf file sans comments (this file is Debian only)
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=
type=exps2
append=""
sample_rate=

Here is an excerpt from my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
(many comments removed)

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "MouseManPlusPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
#   Option "Device"      "/dev/gpmdata"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    # ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice
    Option "ChordMiddle"
EndSection

Note the commented /dev/gpmdata. I had tried using gpm as a raw
repeater, and letting X pick up its data from /dev/gpmdata, but that
caused the problem you speak of with the mouse bouncing around. I
couldn't get the problem to stop until I disabled gpm's repeater mode
again.

Previously, when I used a Logitech Optical Mouse (that didn't say
anything about MouseMan anywhere), my protocol in X was IMPS/2, and my
protocol in gpm was exps2

Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu