2003 Mar 11 16:08

[vox-tech] Logitech Mouseman and XF86Config-4

[vox-tech] Logitech Mouseman and XF86Config-4

I occasionally want to switch to a second mouse, which is a Logitech
Mouseman mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel/button (not cordless)
and have been trying to write a second version of my XF86Config-4 file to
accommodate the new mouse.  If I use protocol "microsoft," the cursor
tracks the mouse motions appropriately, but I have to use third button
emulation to paste text.  Everything that I've seen on the net suggests
that the correct mouse protocol is IMPS/2 and that I should use device
"mouse," but these give the classic wrong protocol random mouse movements.
Anyone know what I should do to get the third button working?  I've tried
adding the line

Option "Buttons" "5"

in conjunction with the microsoft protocol, but this hasn't helped.

			- robin.